Placeholder post - attempting to get podcast feed running.
Monday, April 24, 2017
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Counts-as Trojan - wasn't a big fan of the doofy crane arm so I'm going with a fixed quadpod like the atlas.
Here without the quadpod- the front box will receive another layer of i-beams, then it'll get a roof for the crane to mount on to. I plan on magnetizing the roof assembly so I can use it as a hellhound or a Trojan.
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
This is the Kroot and my tau army they'll be fielded alongside- yes, I know I have a problem. With the new codex, this clocks at just over 15000 points - I only plan on adding a handful of of crisis squads, a handful of breacher squads w/ devilfish, and maybe a few larger suits; otherwise the army is practically done being collected.
Other things I got done yesterday-
I magnetized up a baneblade chassis I got to be useable as 4 variants of the chassis - all I need to do is get my hands on the shadowsword cannon bitz and I'll be able to run it as every baneblade variant save the stormsword and the stormhammer - I'd need BSI's plasma cannon for the former and 2 more sets of the baneblade sprue sets for that latter.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
First, hobby report, then the picture show lol.
So past couple nights I got some conversions completed - a squad of Saurus Kroot and a squad of vulturekin. Unfortunately, my initial attempt at duplicating my custom bitz was met by failure - press molding items that have complex curves is difficult, and I mixed my putty too soft. Setbacks, but I will press on with what I have learned.
Ok, so that's about it, on to the pretty pictures.
Yup, that's my entire Kroot collection - that's what 289 Kroot look like.
Included in that are:
- 10 squads of 20 Kroot carnivores, each including a shaper (5 squads expertly painted and lightly converted for character by my friend Angel Crespo)
- A squad of 20 carnivores converted from Lizardmen Saurus Warriors, Shaper converted from the Temple Guard from the Carnosaur.
- 2 squads of 10 vulturekin, each with a shaper (Again, one squad of 10 painted and created by Angel - his actually utilized tau fire warrior torso and legs, with greenstuff spacer, making them stand taller then my vulturekin)
- 15 Forgeworld Knarloc Riders
- 9 hounds
- 3 Angkor Prok models, 2 from Crespo - one to act as my hound herd, one to be Angkor, and one converted to have an evicerator.
- Kroot Shaman, cornverted from the WHFB Dogs of War Dark Emissary
- Greater Knarloc, converted from a Lizardmen Carnosaur (another item I inherited, this time from my friend Zach Francisco)
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Taste of what's to come
So I've been busy - just barely have had any time for 40k stuff. Just had a chance to sit down today and reproduce some bitz I need for the Kroot project- hopefully within the next couple days I'll know if it was an abject failure or a stunning success - otherwise not much has been going on.